Scan to FTP with FS-1118MFP (general)
The Installation of Internet-Information service and FTP services:
Because FTP is based on the Microsoft Internet-Information service ( IIS), IIS and the FTP-service have to be installed on the computer. Follow the described steps to install the IIS and FTP Services.
Note: In the Microsoft Server 2003 Product family, the FTP-service is not automatically installed with the IIS service. If IIS is already installed then it is necessary to install the FTP service in the normal way, through “Programs/Settings/Control Panel/Add and Remove Programs”.
- Click on Start, then Settings, then in the control panel double click on “Add and Remove programs”
- Click on „Add or Remove Windows Components“.
- In the Windows Component list choose, Application Server / Internet Information Services (IIS) in the list, (don’t activate any boxes), click on Details.
- Activate the following boxes if they’re not already checked:
- Common Files
- FTP Service (File Transfer Protocol)
- Internet Information Service Manager
5. Activate other components that you wish to install. When you’re finished then click on OK.
6. Click on continue.
7. Insert the Windows Server 2003-CD in the CD or DVD drive of your computer. Follow the install instructions and finish by clicking on OK.
8. Click on Finish to end the installation.
IIS and the FTP-Service are now installed. The service has to be configured before you use it.
Take the following steps to configure the FTP Service, so as to allow anonymous connections:
- Start the Administrator Tools/Internet Information Services Manager or open the IIS-Snap-In.
- Expand - Server name, where as Server name is the name of the actual server.
- Expand -FTP-Sites.
- Click with the right mouse button on „Default FTP Site“, then on properties.
- Click on the tab „Directory Security“.
- Click on “Edit” for “access control” then activate the box „enable anonymous connection”. When you activate only the “enable anonymous connection” then it’s not possible for users to logon with a user name and password.
- Click on the Tab „Root Directory“.
- Activate the boxs „ Read“ and “Log visits„ and deactivate the box „Write“.
- Click on OK.
- Close the Internet Information Services Manager or close the IIS-Snap-In.
Now your FTP-Server is configured for FTP requests. Copy or move the files you wish to make accessible, to the FTP-Publishing folder on your PC. The standard folder is Drive:\Inetpub\Ftproot, where Drive is the drive where IIs is installed.
When only the IP Address or Hostname has been entered in the command center of the FS-1118MFP, and no path to the folder has been filled in, then the scans will land in Drive:\Inetpub\FTProot.
If you wish to scan to a subdirectory then the subdirectory has to be made in FTProot and the name of the subdirectory has to entered in the command center of the FS-1118MFP in FTP/Path.