Managed Document Services in Europe
Independent research institute, Loudhouse, asked 750 IT managers from 8 European countries about their companies’ document management.
IT requirements have increased constantly over the last few years in European companies. Security aspects and new Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions are just some of the key issues which need to be addressed by IT managers in companies. At the same time, cost pressures have continued to rise and IT departments need to provide business processes for specialist divisions, and there is a greater need to react more quickly to economic developments or structural changes within the company. This situation requires new software and hardware Solutions.
The European MDS study commissioned by KYOCERA found more and more companies in Europe are recognising that an efficient document management system is a significant lever, in countering growing cost pressures. 70% of the IT decision-makers questioned see the overriding benefit of an appropriate MDS concept, as being to reduce company costs. 52% also expect to see an acceleration of work process and 47% anticipate improved cost transparency. This makes MDS and the optimisation of document management processes a priority IT issue across Europe.
KYOCERA MDS study at a glance
- Decisions about MDS processes are made at a senior management level.
- 81% of the companies are satisfied with their print and document management infrastructure.
- 49% of the companies consider print costs per page to be a key criterion, 74% want to see greater cost transparency in the printing and copying field.
- More automated processes in document processing are required.
- One in four companies are planning to change their output management in the next 12 months. 64% have started already over the last 2 years.
- 70% are convinced that MDS will enable them to significantly reduce costs, maintain better control of their budget (47%) and significantly improve their work processes (52%).
- The goals for the use of MDS are standardised printing and copying infrastructure (44%), better control of document output (38%) and reduced overall costs (35%).
- One in three companies state that they want to substantially improve their climate footprint through the introduction of Managed Document Services.
- WHITEPAPER KYOCERA MDS study (1.23 MB)
KYOCERA European MDS study: 74% of businesses want more transparency
Managed Document Services (MDS) is becoming a talking point all over Europe: one in four companies feel that optimisation of printing and copy processes is needed within the next two years, above all to reduce costs. This is one of the key findings of the study “Managed Document Services in Europe”. more...