Cost-efficient Green printing at one of the world's famous car companies
Honda Türkiye, manufacturing, importing and selling cars and motorcycles in Turkey, was using high-TCO MFPs and dot matrix printers from three different vendors. The company wanted to apply its Honda Project Management methodology, which requires projects to be monitored, controlled and understood, in relation to their document management system. In order to be in line with their Project Management methodology, their device fleet needed to meet certain criteria in the fields of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Management, Safety and Environment. This required Honda Türkiye to reduce output costs, increase efficiency and improve the environmental friendliness of their processes. In addition, Honda needed variable data printing for their invoices, bills of consignment and technical documentation.
- To reduce output costs, Honda Türkiye's device fleet was optimized by reducing the number of devices and replacing high-TCO devices with low-TCO KYOCERA TASKalfa MFP s and ECOSYS laser printers. Waste toner bottle and electronic device collection bins were placed throughout the premises.
- Installation of Equitrac software to enable accurate user and department-based reporting even from IBM AS /400 and SAPSAP platforms. This software allows Follow-Me printing for optimal document security. Honda Türkiye‘s ID cards were used.
- For improved efficiency KYOcapture was installed to convert scanned documents into Word, Excel, and searchable PDF formats. Through integration with Equitrac, these scanned documents can be sent directly to the email address of the ID card‘s owner or to a default system folder for an even higher level of efficiency.
- Deployment of variable data printing software fully compatible with KYOCERA devices.
- Output costs have been reduced by 20% thanks to KYOCERA‘s low running costs and a 22% reduction of Honda Türkiye's device fleet.
- Full control of document costs via realtime monitoring at user and department levels.
- Improved document workflow through advanced use of KYOCERA MFPs' scan functions with KYOcapture.
- Flexible and efficient low-cost printing of invoices, bills of consignment and technical documentation thanks to deployment of variable data printing software.
- Case study as pdf (274.5 kB)
“Bilgitaş‘ solution with KYOCERA devices and MDS components fully met our requirements in terms of cost transparency, cost control and cost management. In addition, our environmental performance has improved considerably thanks to KYOCERA‘s low-waste ECOSYS products.”