Optimal standardisation and cost savings in a high-output environment.
Borusan Holding, one of Turkey‘s leading industrial and services conglomerates, controls the daily business processes in their four branches using the Six Sigma approach, a renowned Total Quality Management methodology. The main purpose of the Six Sigma approach is to optimize processes and products by minimizing deviations and variations.
Borusan Holding has an annual output volume of 1,300,000 colour pages and 10,000,000 black pages. To stay in line with the Six Sigma approach, Borusan wanted to work with a solutions partner who could provide high-quality document output and reliable, efficient and economical document management. Borusan‘s device fleet consisted of 758 printers and MFPs of 20 different brands.
- After a thorough assessment of Borusan Holding‘s device fleet, spread over 18 different locations throughout Turkey, their devices were replaced with the KYOCERA FS-C2126MFP, TASKalfa 420i, TASKalfa 520i, KM-2560, FS-1128MFP and FS-3920DN, all based on KYOCERA‘s unique low-cost, low-waste ECOSYS technology and using the same driver and user interface for optimal standardization. The number of devices was reduced from 758 to 400.
- Integration of Equitrac document output management software with all KYOCERA devices; Equitrac requires users to enter their password before they can retrieve their prints, improving confidentiality and reducing the chances of people forgetting to take their prints from the device.
- Outsourcing of specific print jobs to authorized KYOCERA partner Bilgitaş.
- All service and maintenance provided by authorized KYOCERA partner Bilgitaş.
- - 20% output costs
- An almost 50% reduction of the number of devices, and a 20% reduction of output costs thanks to the low TCO of KYOCERA devices.
- A considerable improvement of document security thanks to the implementation of Equitrac.
- Efficient network management from a single point through Equitrac‘s device monitoring and detailed reporting features.
- Optimal productivity through effective and pro-active network maintenance and supply management.
- Borusan case study as pdf (404.8 kB)
“Having a single point of service and maintenance in Bilgitaş has greatly improved our operational efficiency. The fact that KYOCERA products offer a unified user interface and use the same printer driver means great ease of use for our workers and increases their productivity. Last but not least, the low TCO of KYOCERA devices has enabled us to achieve a considerable reduction of our output expenses.” - Funda Öztürk, Borusan Group Purchase Manager
-20 % output costs